How it all works
Professional planning, management and support for all the phases of your building project.
1. Inital Meeting
Following an initial telephone conversation, we will meet to discuss the scheme in more detail, as well as any constraints which may have an impact on the proposed works. There is a small fee involved if you are outside Burgess Hill / Haywards Heath. If you are outside these areas, then please contact me. As an indication, initial visit fees range from £20.00 (over a 10 Mile radius) to £40.00 (25 Mile radius), and £95.00 per hour + Travel expenses if your project is in London.
At the time of the initial meeting, we will discuss the following:
- What the client’s requirements are for the project
- What budget the client may have for the project as a whole
- What the process will be from RT Architectural Services appointment through to end of services
- If any Party Wall notices will need to be served on neighbouring properties
- Discuss the client role under the new CDM 2015 regulations
- Check if any existing sewer drains will need to be built near, or built over
- Any other items the client may want to raise
Following appointment of RT Architectural Services, we will attend site to carry out a full measured building survey.
This will provide information for the following to be drawn up:
- Floor plans and external areas
- Sections through the building
- Existing elevations
- Routes of existing drainage and any visible service entry points
- If applicable party Wall drawings
Please note that this is not a structural survey, or a condition survey. Should Party Wall works be required, then a condition survey will be undertaken at a later date should an award be required.
3. Sketch Schemes
Following the measured survey works, RT Architectural Services will produce:
- Sketch floor plans and elevations with proposals of the works
An invoice will be issued at the same time as the sketch schemes are issued to the client, which covers the survey and preparation of the sketch schemes.
4. Planning Drawings
Following approval of the sketch schemes from the client, RT Architectural Services will prepare planning compliant drawings for submission to the local authority which will include:
- Existing and proposed floor plans & elevations
- Roof plans
- Existing and proposed site and location plans
The planning fee will be payable directly to the council by the client upon the advice of RT Architectural Services. Should the client wish RT Architectural Services to process the fee, a small admin fee will be charged.
5. Building Regulation Drawings
Following approval of the planning drawings, RT Architectural Services will prepare building regulation compliant drawings for submission to the local authority / approved inspector which will include:
- Existing and proposed floor plans & elevations with construction notes added
- Proposed section drawings throught the proposed extension
- Specific construction details
- Roof plans
- Existing and proposed site and location plans, showing drainage runs
These drawings, whilst not full construction drawings will be sufficiently detailed to enable quotations to be prepared by local contractors.
This stage will also require the services of a structural engineer. RT Architectural Services works closely with a couple of structural engineering companies. A fee quote can be obtained at planning drawing stage. The fee for the structural engineer must be payable by the client, directly to the engineer.
6. Other Services Provided By RT Architectural Services
As well as architectural works, RT Architectural Services can provide:
- Party Wall surveyor works, including Building Owners Surveyor and Adjoining Surveyor
- Preparation of Party Wall notices under section 1, section 2 and section 6 of the Party Wall etc, Act 1996
- Schedules of condition for existing properties
- Contract administrator for new build properties and large extensions, acting as clients agent / employers agent
- Technical construction consultant – advising on refurbishment and new build properties